News and Announcements
2013 Flexible Benefit Program
Based on suggestions from University of Tennessee employees, a new medical and dependent care flexible benefits program will be offered in 2013. The University of Tennessee contracted with Payflex to administer the new program and the enrollment period will begin on October 1 and end on November 1. The advantages of the new program can be seen here.
2013 Group Insurance Annual Enrollment/Transfer Period
The annual enrollment/transfer period for 2013 benefits is October 1 through November 1, 2012. Subject to eligibility, during this time you can:
- Enroll in the new vision plan
- Change health options - switch between the Partnership and Standard PPOs, subject to eligibility
- Change health insurance carriers - select either BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee or Cigna
- Enroll in health insurance for yourself or your eligible dependents (a monthly late applicant fee will apply)
- Cancel health coverage
- Enroll in, cancel, or transfer between dental options
- Apply for optional accidental death coverage
Further information on the 2013 enrollment period is available here.
If you want to enroll in the new vision plan or make other changes in your coverage, you must do so online using employee self service in Edison. The State of Tennessee will no longer accept paper forms for health or dental changes or to enroll in the new optional vision plan. For more information, see the following:
- Video: Quick How To Guide
- Video: Log In and Password Reset
- View: PDF Instructions - Overview
- View: PDF Instructions - Detailed
If you are happy with your current benefit selections, no action is required to remain enrolled in coverage. If you are currently enrolled and choose to stay in the Partnership PPO, you (and your covered spouse) are automatically agreeing to fulfill the 2013 Partnership Promise.
P115 Andy Holt Tower
Knoxville, TN 37996